3D Rocker concave
When we want to give a more positive feeling for you feet, we use 3D Rocker.
In addition to all the benefits of our standard Rocker, it also:
- Prevents wheelbite – Moulded in wheel arches make it even harder to get wheelbite – so much so that we don’t need to cut wheel wells into the deck!
- Locked-in foot placement -This concave creates little pockets for your feet, right where you want them. Lock in for those huge standup slides!
Our 3D Concave is the result of many years of tweaking, moulding and skating… it’s subtle, but enough. Trust us… you’ll love it!
Many of our freeride and downhill boards use a rocker concave.
It gives you:
- A slightly lower ride – which means lower centre of gravity with more board control, especially for sliding
- A dead flex thanks to the pre tensioning of the veneers in the press. This translates to less board chatter going sideways
- With some shapes, it allows us to press sick pockets for your feet. By varying the position of the blank in the mould and altering the shape, we can vary the concave at different points of the deck to suit a specific purpose.
- Slightly more turn from your trucks as the truck mounts are slightly angled
- Enhanced board feel
- Some of our decks also have small kicks in addition to the rocker, opening up a whole world of shuvits, flips, ollies, airs, anything you can do on a normal skateboard… the lines are getting blurry!
Our rocker concave does increase truck angle slightly, as we don’t like the idea of weakening decks by machining flat truck seats. As a guide:
- 20″ Wheelbase = +2.3deg
- 22″ Wheelbase = +2.8deg
- 24″ Wheelbase = +3.2deg
- 26″ Wheelbase = +3.4deg
- 28″ Wheelbase = +3.8deg
- 30″ Wheelbase = +3.9deg
For flexy boards, we use a Cambered profile. We’ve used camber in various longboards for over a decade – there’s no better way to produce a lively flex from wood.
It gives you:
- A springy flex, as the veneers are “pre tensioned” against your weight in the press, the deck “springs” out of carves and gives a super-nice carving feeling. If you’re into surfing and snowboarding – you will like it!
- A slightly higher ride height which equates to more lean and a better turn on your trucks.
If you want to carve it up… Camber is the way to go.